Sunday, April 02, 2006

why do I love a bush so much

Kim hired a fellow to come in and trim the bushes. It was either that or.....continue to watch them grow out of control.
He said he was going to cut back the butterfly bush (BB). If you don't know, a BB is a bush that grows like a weed and thinks it's a tree.
Yes, I know you can cut them way back but when I got home, it was little more than a stump. It should grow back- but it hurt.
BB and I go way back. Eight years when I was moving from Salem. I dug up BB and it died. All wilted. I put him in a bucket of water based on faith.
He came back.
He was alive.
I brought him to the new bare yard. Planted BB and he grew 20 tall.
I loved his survival attitude.
Now I look at him, hoping that his trim will make him even better.
I hope.

No comments: