Thursday, March 23, 2006

Who else tossed their new phone book in the recycling?


A friend just dropped by the office and told me she picked up her new phone directory and directly moved it to recycling. As she said, if you can't find it on the Internet, you aren't going to find it in the phone book.

Same thing happened at our house yesterday.

Sometime in our lifetime we will see its total demise. How can we accelerate it?
We are talking a huge industry that will die with it. Advertising rates for the phone book have been huge. I am guessing they are not much of an investment these days.

I wonder.

Could we get a state law that allows an opt out of having a book sent to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New phone books every year are a total waste of resources. Every time new books arrive on my front step, they go right into the recycle bin.

I agree with you, Greg, there oughta be a law.

I have ONE white/blue pages and ONE yellow pages, both from the mid 90's. One the rare occasion I need either one, they work okay.