Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One of the reasons our children are who they are

Catie and Ricky learned how to trust and love those outside their family here. They learned to share and get along with others. They were treated with love and respect. They would not be the caring, independent, confident kids they are today without their time here.

A note on the randomness of life: I was working down the street from this place and happened to see my old boss Katy heading inside. Ricky wasn't born yet -- due in a few months. I adored Katy and she invited me inside. I fell in love from the first moment. All over the walls were posters the kids made. Inside each classroom were loving teachers and comfortable kids. There was a peace and strength inside the building. Staff was calm and so were the kids. I put my name on the waiting list and never regreted it for a moment.

No comments: